Just inland from the secluded harbour of Saldanha Bay one finds the azure waters of the Langebaan Lagoon, focal point of the West Coast National Park. Thousands of seabirds roost on sheltered islands, pristine golden beaches stretch endlessly into the early morning mist and brooding salt marshes are home to vast concentrations of migrant waders from the northern hemisphere. During the spring the strandveld is embroidered with a tapestry of multi-hued flowers, while in the Postberg section many antelope are to be seen in a setting that is as unique as it is idyllic.
- Reception Offices
- Geelbek Environmental Centre.
Accommodation at West coast National park
- Abrahamskraal Cottage
- Duinepos Chalets
- Jo Anne's Beach Cottages
- Flaming Joe's Beach Camp
Areas of Special Interest
- Postberg Flower Reserve
- Geelbek Bird Hide, award-winning Restaurant and Information Centre
This self catering cottage is situated in the West Coast National Park, near the Abrahamskraal waterhole.
The Unit is a fully equipped 6 Bed Cottage (2 on suite bedrooms, 1 bedroom with a double bed and the second bedroom has 2 single beds and 2 pull out beds), with an open plan living area and kitchen. There is a fireplace in the living area to utilize as braai or fireplace. Guests should bring their own braaiwood, charcoal, or purchase from the entrance gate on the R27.
The fridge-freezer combination, geysers and stove are all gas operated. Electricity in the house is provided by solar energy. There are no points or plugs for electric equipment and guests are requested to use the lights sparingly. Tap water comes from a well-point and is safe to drink, however guests may not be accustomed to the taste so they are welcome to provide their own drinking water. No pets, loud music or portable generators are allowed in the West Coast National Park.
- On arrival guests can collect keys at either Langebaan or R27 entrance gate and hand them in at the same point on departure.
- Accommodation is available from 12:00 on the day of your arrival and time of departure is 09:00.
- There is no after hours gate access.
- Conservation fees are payable when entering the Park at the gate.
are situated inside the West Coast National Park. Each Chalet is situated to ensure privacy, peace and tranquility, as you take in the fresh sea breeze, azure waters, and all that the park has to offer over the various seasons...from spectacular birdlife, to the tapestry of spring flowers that cover the stand veld.
- Consist of 11 chalets.
- Each unit sleeps 4 people comfortably and allows a maximum of 6 people.
- 2 chalets are disabled friendly.
- Each chalet offers 2 bedrooms, open plan kitchen, lounge, fire place, shower, toilet and an outdoor braai area.
- Other facilities include: swimming pool, communal braai and boma area.
Jo Anne's Beach Cottage
This exclusive self-catering cottage is situated in the West Coast National Park near Churchaven, within walking distance of the lagoon.
It is a fully equipped (linen, cutlery and crockery), self catering (3 en-suite bedrooms-sleeping 8 persons in total) cottage, with an open plan living area and kitchen. There are braai facilities on the front stoep and in the back yard.
It has three bedrooms, each with toilet and shower. The main bedroom has a double bed, the second has two single beds and the third is a 'children's' room with two pullout beds (sleeps four). The kitchen has gas fridge and stove, fitted cupboards, utensils, serving/eating counter with stools.
The lounge has four lounge chairs, table and with jetmaster. The stoep looks out on the lagoon and has a braai.
- Bring your own braaiwood, charcoal, or purchase from the entrance gate on the R27.
- The fridge-freezer combination, geysers and stove are gas operated.
- Electricity in the house is provided by solar energy. Please use lights sparingly - there are no points or plugs for electronic equipment.
- Tap water comes from a well-point and is safe to drink, however you may not be accustomed to the taste. You are welcome to provide your own drinking water. Please use water sparingly.
- In order to preserve the peace and tranquility of the area and not to disturb other residents, no loud music or portable generators are allowed.
- No pets are allowed within the West Coast National Park.
- No fires permitted on the beach.
West Coast National Park
- most Popular Accommodation
See all pics (6) » Abrahamskraal Cottage (FA6)
• Extra adult:
• Extra child:
• Unit sleeps:
1 bedroom with 2 single beds and 2 pull out beds - 1 bedroom with double bed - 2 en-suite bathrooms (w/c and shower) - Compulsory to book Friday and Saturday - Fully equipped open plan kitchen - Gas and solar energy - Gate times from 1 April to 31 Aug, 07:00 - 18:00 - Gate times from 1 Sep to 31 Mar, 07:00 - 19:00 - Guests to provide own drinking water and fire wood - Lounge/dining room with fireplace - Nearest shops available at Langebaan - No electric points - No firewood or charcoal for sale in park - No Smoking
View all accommodation (2) » Jo Anne's Beach Cottage (FA8)
• Extra adult:
• Extra child:
• Unit sleeps:
1 bedroom with 2 single beds - 1 bedroom with 4 single beds - 1 bedroom with double bed - 3 en-suite bathrooms, each with wc and shower - Barbeque Facilities - Compulsory to book Friday and Saturday - For any queries please contact 022- 77 22144 - Gas stove and fridge - Gate times from 1 April to 31 Aug, 07:00 - 18:00 - Gate times from 1 Sep to 31 Mar, 07:00 - 19:00 - Kitchen - Nearest shops available at Langebaan - No firewood or charcoal for sale in park - No fishing or motorized crafts allowed - No Smoking - Open plan lounge / kitchen area - Solar power for lights, gas for hot water - Solar power, no plug points